2019 Women in Technology Business Accelerator (WiTech)
Growth | Profitability | Sustainability
You saw a need in the marketplace and created a solution to close the gap, but you are not generating enough revenue in your business to make a BIG impact. While the morale support from friends and family is helpful, you need more. You need guidance, a GPS, so you can obtain more clients, hire the right people and access the capital you need to grow your business.
The LiftFund DFW Women’s Business Center knows how hard it is to compete in a male-dominated field and the challenges female founders face. That’s why we’re hosting the Women in Technology Business Accelerator (WiTech) program.
This comprehensive accelerator will equip early stage female tech founders with entrepreneurial training to create growth, increase profits and sustain their technology business. The program will run from September 10, 2019 to November 5, 2019 and will focus on helping you develop skills to build your capacity. Upon completing the program, participants will have a G.P.S. Plan to successfully operate a business that meets their personal, professional and financial goals.
Sounds interesting? Join us for a free information session on August 15, 2019 from 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm. Seating is limited. RSVP Here!
What You’ll Learn in the Program?
- Leadership Skills
- Assertive Communication
- Self-Care for the ShePreneur
- Negotiating Like a Pro
- Using the Business Model Canvas
- Financial Strategies
- Sales & Marketing
- Building and Growing a team
- Protecting Your Intellectual Property
- Funding Solutions and Working with Investors
What’s in it for You?
Over the course of the program, you will gain access to industry experts who will lead our sessions and mentors who will meet with you one-on-one. Through networking with other female tech owners, you will develop a solid support system you can count on as you continue your entrepreneurial endeavors. This program is valued at $4,100, but attendees accepted into the program will only pay $199. Program fee includes course materials, the book Developing Personal Leadership, the Business Model Generation book, meals, and marketing visibility upon graduating from the class.
- Must be active owner of the business with 50% or more ownership
- Business must be in operations and making sales for a minimum of one year
- Must apply to be accepted
- Must be committed to complete the work and scheduled meetings with mentors
- Must be able to attend and actively participate in at least six of eight sessions
- Must be willing to accept the core values of the group: accountability, vulnerability, confidentiality and respect
Max capacity: 15 │ Cost: $199 due upon acceptance into the program
Accelerator Dates and Format:
Orientation: September 10th – 6:00 – 7:30 pm.
Program dates: Tuesday, September 10th to Tuesday, November 5th, 2019
- One 3-hour session per week led by expert facilitators
- Three 1-hour mentoring sessions with a mentor
- Program graduation and presentations
Submit a completed application and fee by August 30th , 2019
Application fee is $25. The application fee is nonrefundable.
Accepted applicants will be notified by September 2nd, 2019
For more information about the Women in Technology Business Accelerator program, call the LiftFund DFW WBC at 214-572-9452 or email Tarsha Polk @ firstname.lastname@example.org.