Innovative business resources for women entrepreneurs
The LiftFund Women’s Business Center (WBC) is dedicated to supporting business owners, especially women and minorities, through business education and business consulting. Since 2008, the WBC has been serving the San Antonio small business community with consultations and trainings to entrepreneurs at all stages of their business. Whether you need a start-up business plan, or advice and seminars on business and market planning to grow your business, we are here for you.
The WBC is a program of LiftFund, a non-profit small business lender, and a resource partner of the U.S. Small Business Administration. We provide innovative business support services for women entrepreneurs, including technical and soft skill trainings, accelerator programs, individual consultations, and other services through strategic partnerships with other small business service providers. The LiftFund Women’s Business Center is funded in part by the US Small Business Administration’s Office of Women’s Business Ownership.
Individual Business Counseling:
The WBC provides individual business consultation by appointment Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. at Launch SA. After hours and weekend appointments are available by request.
We can help you with:
- Business Start Up: assist with concept ideas, financial forecasts, market research, and general start-up assistance for new business venture
- Business Plan Development: assist with writing and formalizing the business plan and financial projections
- Business Growth: assist with exploring funding options and preparing for loan applications; brainstorming ideas and creating action plans with achievable goals
- Marketing Plans: assist with writing and formalizing a responsive marketing plan that meets your needs; assist with development of business social media pages and website
- Management Assistance: Assist with financial management, human resource management, organization and operations
- Certification and Contracting: Assist with application process and accessing information on government contracting
Schedule an appointment with a WBC Business Advisor in one of the following ways:
- Call 210.587.9575
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Training & Seminars:
The WBC provides business education seminars and training for new and established businesses. Visit our online events calendar to view our current offerings and register for workshops.
Looking for resources to help you start your business or expand your business? Click here to learn more .
Looking for a business plan or financial plan template? Click HERE.
Wondering if you are ready for a business loan? Click HERE .
Email us at email@example.com or call us at 210.587.9575.
The WBC is located inside Launch SA on the first floor of the San Antonio Central Public Library. Free parking is available in the library garage.
Margot Slosson, Director
In her role as Director of the Women’s Business Center, Margot helps entrepreneurs launch and grow their businesses by providing individual consultation, trainings and unique programming to equip business owners with the skills, knowledge and tools they need to be successful.
Carlos Acosta, Business Adviser
In his role as Business Adviser, Carlos assists entrepreneurs in navigating business challenges and pursuing new growth opportunities. He was recently awarded “Business Support Champion of the Year” in 2016 by LiftFund’s leadership and staff.
Lisa O’Briant, Operations Manager, LiftOff
Lisa serves as the Operations Manager for LiftOff, the WBC’s co-working space for entrepreneurs. In her role, she helps small business owners secure affordable, flexible commercial office space and connect with community resources to help their business grow.
The Women’s Business Center is funded in part through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration and all opinions, conclusions, or recommendations expressed are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the U.S. SBA.